Airtime, formerly known as Campcaster, has been released as version 1.6 RC1. Airtime is Sourcefabric’s open radio software for scheduling and remote station management.
Download and test Airtime 1.6 RC1 now!
Airtime 1.6 provides a reliable audio playout with sub-second precision, an improved interface with modern usability features, advanced user management supporting roles and a Google-style calendar to schedule and move shows and playlists.
Key Features of Airtime 1.6
- Remote Control. Run your radio station from anywhere in the world.
- Easy installation on Linux. Control using any browser on any operating system.
- New calendar interface for the scheduler allows Google Calendar style functionality with drag-and-drop and repeat scheduling for shows.
- Intelligent file management. Import entire audio libraries and file metadata. Multiple DJs can organise, structure and upload audio for one or more shows.
- Audio files can be cross-faded, cued in/out and faded in/out with sub-second precision.
- Show-driven access rights. Allocate shows to precise timeslots to prevent DJs from programming overlapping shows.
Other New Features
- Detailed “Now Playing” screen shows you exactly what is being broadcast at that moment.
- Modern interface. Streamlined DJ workflow and new contemporary look.
- Schedule both audio clips and playlists within a show.
- Create and edit playlists by dragging and dropping audio files.
- Search function. Search through all audio and playlists
- Support for MP3 and OGG files.
- Production-ready Liquidsoap media player on the backend
- Playlists are now separate from the schedule; changing a playlist after it is scheduled does not affect what is scheduled.
- Over one hour of Creative Commons audio samples installed by default.