Front-End Developer - Superdesk
You are a kick-ass Front-End Developer, passionate about open-source and love the web and UI development. You have experience in a development environment and understand the software-development cycle. You are flexible, care about quality, and most importantly, are eager to learn and share.
Ring a bell? If so, keep reading!
For more than a decade, Sourcefabric, Europe’s largest creator of open-source software for journalism, has been helping some of the world’s most impactful media organisations deliver content to their audiences. As a key member of the Superdesk UI/UX team, working alongside experienced and talented developers and designers, you will take a leading role in helping to ensure that independent news providers thrive in the digital space.
Our flagship software, Superdesk, is an end-to-end news creation, production, curation, distribution and publishing platform. It is scalable to suit news organisations of any size, with a modular approach that makes it easily extensible.
Sourcefabric is international, friendly and enthusiastic team. Ideally, you will be based in Belgrade, Serbia, but we are open to applicants from anywhere who possess the skills and mindset to make Superdesk the industry’s leading open-source CMS.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with the Superdesk product owner on the conception and realisation of new product features
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Share your knowledge of good code practices with the rest of the team
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Be fluent in English
Ideal skills and experience include:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Less or SASS)
- Experience working with (or a strong desire to learn) agile development, with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for good engineering and clean code practices
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration is a plus
- Familiarity with GitHub-like development workflows using pull requests for peer review
- Being a team player and having a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of PWA
Come join us!
Send us your resume and a cover letter (max 2 pages) to [email protected]. Please include links to work samples in your CV.
Learn more about us at www.sourcefabric.org