Location: Candidates may work remotely but should be based in the Greenwich Mean Time timezone GMT -5 (+/-2) and GMT +12 (+/-2). It includes those locations - North and South America, East Coast of Australia, New Zealand etc.
Sourcefabric is looking for System Administrator to join our international team and help maintain the systems and security of the independent media outlets we work with.
Sourcefabric is Europe’s largest developer of open source tools for news media, headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. Sourcefabric brings together minds from all corners of the globe to promote media development through the creation of open source software. We have three open source software projects and offer a range of mission-critical hosted and managed solutions for newspapers, websites, radio stations and publishers all over the world. All of our tools are open source and free to download: Superdesk, Airtime and Live Blog. System Administrators are the backbone of our organization.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience as a Linux system administrator or system integrator
- You should know how to install/configure/optimize/secure/monitor/repair the following:
- Ubuntu/Debian server
- Web servers: Apache, Nginx
- DBMS:: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Monitoring tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Munin, Monit, Sensu
- File systems like ZFS and software RAID volumes
- Server virtualization/containerization: LXC/LXD, Docker, KVM/Qemu
- Infrastructure automation: Ansible, Salt
- Streaming: Liquidsoap, Icecast
- Solid understanding of ARP, TCP/IP, HTTP protocols
- Shell programming
- SSL certificate management: creating, revoking, user/web protection
You should know how to troubleshoot software/hardware/network issues to identify where a problem is occurring. We are also looking for the ability to integrate different open source applications together.
Excellent spoken and written English, additional languages a plus
WHILE THE FOLLOWING AREN’T DEAL BREAKERS, IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD:
- SQL, PHP and Python programming
- Amazon services management experience
- Site reliability engineering experience
- Understanding of modern SysOps procedures
- Ability to learn and manage rapidly moving and highly demanding infrastructure
What we offer
At Sourcefabric, we know how to work hard, but we also know how to have fun. Our employees are so much more than their jobs, and we recognise that and celebrate it in many ways. From marathon runners to music composers, we continue to learn new and interesting things about our fellow employees every day.
- Work on meaningful open source projects that make the world a better place
- Join an international team: Find yourself surrounded by talented team members from across the globe (over 14 countries to be specific).
- A competitive package, including flexible working arrangements, comprehensive benefits, and training opportunities to help you grow and develop your personal skill set.
- Work in an environment that allows you to improve your skills and keep up with the latest development technology; we all enjoy learning from each other.
- Have your voice heard and considered in the decision-making processes in the company.
- Annual team get-together: Each year we gather the team in one location for our annual team gathering called Sourcecamp. Past Sourcecamp locations have included Berlin, Prague, and the mountains of Serbia.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the right candidate, please contact us immediately. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please send your CV, a short motivational letter, and examples of projects you've worked on (if you have a Github profile, please share the link) to [email protected].
Don’t forget to tell us a little bit about yourself (including how you heard about this position)
Lastly, wait for us to reply. Even if we don’t think it will be a good fit for the both of us, we will get back to you!
* Please note that we only consider applications submitted by individuals, recruiting agencies should refrain from contacting us.