Sourcefabric shares technology and experience worldwide to help create quality, independent journalism. We make and implement solutions based on open source software.
Sourcefabric is seeking a full-time experienced professional to join our communications team in Prague or remote (preferably Europe).
- Produce useful and engaging digital content related to Sourcefabric and its products, journalism and news technology (e.g. web pages, blog posts, screencasts, videos, data visualisations)
- Manage outbound communications related to public releases of Sourcefabric products
- Boost engagement on social media channels
- Promote, maintain and analyse traffic to Sourcefabric web sites and social media channels
- Produce and distribute monthly newsletters on Sourcefabric, its products and projects
- Contribute to Sourcefabric publications and other assets, including annual reports, booklet and leaflets
- Monitor media for opportunities for Sourcefabric, its employees and partners
- Set and fulfill specific objectives as agreed with the head of communications
- Acquire, implement and share new skills useful to Sourcefabric and its community
- Public relations in the corporate or non-profit sphere
- Previous experience in marketing communications or journalism
- Experience working with information and communication technology
- Experience managing and motivating a team
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Native English speaker or nearly native knowledge
Preferred technical skills
- Management of professional Twitter, Facebook and YouTube accounts
- Google Analytics
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite
- Editing in wiki web applications and in Drupal, WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience with Mailchimp
The work requires considerable writing in English, so fluency in that language is a must.
Please send your CV (no more than two pages) and a cover letter (including your salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1st 2018.