Infrastructure / Platform Engineer
Sourcefabric believes in quality, independent journalism. We provide news organisations with award-winning software, expertise and support to produce it online, in print and on air. Sourcefabric is established as a Czech organisation with its headquarters in Prague, while most of the team works remotely from several different countries.
We have four open source software projects and offer a range of mission-critical hosted and managed solutions for newspapers, websites, radio stations and publishers all over the world. System Engineers are the backbone of our organisation.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Work on meaningful open source projects that make the world a better place.
- Work with a great team: we are international, friendly, and enthusiastic, have years of open source experience, and your manager understands the software development process.
- Work in an environment that allows you to improve your skills and keep up with the latest development technology; we all enjoy learning from each other.
- Have your voice heard and considered in the decision-making processes in the company.
What we’re looking for from you:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years experience as a Linux system administrator, or in a DevOps environment
- Ubuntu/CentOS/Debian server experience
- Design, configure, and support software build/deploy pipelines (CI/CD, Git, GitHub/Lab)
- Assist with software deployment through various staged operating environments (e.g., Development, QA, Staging, Production)
- You should know how to install/configure/monitor/optimize/secure/repair the following:
- application servers: Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, Bind, isc-DHCP, Exim4, SSHd
- database servers: MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb, Elasticsearch, Redis
- file system/RAID volumes
- Containerized application management and orchestratio
- Shell, Ansible Playbook programming
- SSL certificate management: creating, revoking, user/web protection
- You should know how to troubleshoot software/hardware/network issues to identify where a problem is happening. We are also looking for the ability to integrate different open source applications together.
- Excellent spoken and written English, with additional languages a plus
- Ability to read man pages quickly i.e. a deep desire to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and/or in a high production environment
Other skills you can impress us with include SQL, PHP and Python programming, and/or Amazon services management experience.
Candidates should be based in timezone EST
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV, a cover letter and your salary expectations to [email protected].