Superdesk Project Manager
Sourcefabric builds industry-grade open source software for news media. Our international team consists of visionary and exciting individuals from over 20 countries.
Our purpose is to make professional-grade technology available to all who believe that quality journalism has a fundamental role to play in any healthy society. We are here to provide the relentless, rapid production and dissemination of news without any sacrifice to quality.
Superdesk is an open source end-to-end news creation, production and publishing platform with the sole purpose of making the best possible software for journalism. It is scalable to suit news organisations of any size, with a modular approach that makes it easily extensible.
About the role
We are searching for a talented, innovative professional to join our team as a (junior) project manager for Superdesk. If you are lacking experience, but you can cover it with motivation and commitment to the mission of Sourcefabric and with some technical background - we’d be happy to hear from you!
The main tasks in a nutshell:
- Devise, prioritise and drive the roadmap for Superdesk development projects with large-scale clients, using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Line management of Superdesk developers based in various locations
- Train clients on use of Superdesk
- Manage client-specific documentation
- Maintain and develop contacts with existing clients beyond the lifespan of a project
- Controlling and account management
We expect you to have:
- A good grasp on current trends in (online) journalism and web publishing
- Experience in project management (at least two years)
- Solid understanding and experience in agile software development
- A good understanding of digital technologies and the talent to communicate them
- Excellent command of English
We'd be thrilled to see:
- Experience in working in newsrooms
- A tech background (i.e. former developer decides to do project management)
- Leadership skills and a track-record in team management
- A network of contacts in the media industry
If you believe you are the right candidate, please contact us immediately. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible. Contact details are below.
Please send us your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected].
Find out more: