2021 Year in Review
Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic, 2021 wasn’t without its bright spots for Sourcefabric and our clients. Here are a few of the year’s highlights:
- February: We rolled out version 2.1 of Superdesk Publisher, with built-in integration with Apple News to help digital publishers navigate an increasingly platform-centric world.
- March: Helped Belga, Belgium’s Leading News Agency, go live with Superdesk.
- June: Unveiled a new accessibility initiative to make our software available to users of screen readers.
- July: Partnered with the Nepali Times to update their content management system.
- Released two versions of Superdesk: 2.2 (May), and 2.3 (August), adding key features such as the Superdesk Asset Management System (SAMS), integration with iMatrics, and updates to the Masterdesk.
- November: Teamed up with 360info, a new Australia-based newsroom delivering factual content to combat disinformation.
- All year: Continued to see Live Blog and Airtime Pro grow in popularity, not just because of their great features, but also because of our fantastic support team.
Like so many people, we’re looking ahead to 2022 with fresh optimism and a deep desire for the health crisis to abate. But no matter what the next 12 months brings, we will continue to build on our accomplishments and push the boundaries of journalism technology.
We’ve got big plans for the coming year. Watch this space for updates, or better yet, subscribe to our monthly Sourcefabric newsletter. Thanks for your trust in us, and for staying the course with open source!